Update
The major hold up in our adopting is that our home is too small. We have a two bedroom home and need at least a 3 bedroom. I have searched a bit to find out the possibilities in Vancouver. Essentially unless I want to move into a cave with no living space, I need to stay in the area I am. I would like to move into Vancouver because not only do I work there, but the girls go to school there and our church is there. Currently we are about 20 min. of good traffic from their school. I have decided to suck this up as otherwise it would mean at least doubling our rent to move closer. I do love where we live. I love the green space as our complex is surrounded by woods. We even have frequent coyotes, bears, cougars and deer. I also love our complex because it is quiet. It is nice to step out of the concrete jungle into the peacefulness of our home community.
In a lot of ways I have left our needing a larger home in God's hands. If he has ordained it for our family to grow, he will provide the home for it to grow in.
After nearly a year on a waiting list in our complex for a bigger home... we may have made some progress.
Here is where I need your help. I need you to pray. A unit is coming available in the next couple of months which from my understanding would be perfect for us. It is a 3 bedroom, newly renovated, it has a carport and a back yard (other 3 bedroom units here don't). It is also right next to a playground which would be perfect for Georgia to play at.
There are some complications with us getting the unit. I live in a Housing complex where certain units are designated for subsidies and certain units are designated for market rent. I currently pay a market price but use to be subsidized. This means that the unit I am in now is considered 'subsidized' even though I am not. It is a super complicated and a long story but in the end I have found out that I should still be considered as subsidized as last year they calculated my income wrong. This is getting sorted out, but, in the mean time, it needs to be clarified if I qualify for the new unit and what the new unit is designated for. Confusing? Yup.
Please, just pray that this comes through. I am placing it in God's hands, but I would also like to get this part of the adoption ball rolling. We can't go much further until we move.
Also, I was made aware this week that we are one simple check mark away from being assigned an adoption worker in our area. So, that's great.
Thanks
Melodie
No comments:
Post a Comment